Be ready for your interview and get hired!
Do you know that feeling when you’re scrolling on different job portals and looking for a job, which suits your requirements or criteria, and you finally find something that looks perfect for you? Salary looks great, company is well known, web portal of the company looks professional – well described.
So, as usual you start preparing your profile, CV, cover letter or whatever is needed to make great impression of yourself towards your potential new employer. After few hours of thinking and searching on Google: ´´how to prepare CV´´ you finally have it done and ready to be sent.
(To skip hours on google you can check our previous newsletter with our tips 😊) – Click here to see our previous Newsletter
***Click – APPLY! ***
Congratulations, you did a first step to be successful!
´´Dear Sir, thank you very much for your application. You will hear from us soon. Have a nice day. ´´
Great, now just wait for the phone call.
´´Hello Sir, my name is Alena. We found your profile interesting, and we would like to invite you for video interview. Would you be available on Friday at 12:00?
Hey, what a great news, you were invited for video interview, that´s a big step. On video interview you can present yourself and your skills directly, so it´s not just about what is written in your CV.
We understand that it is a huge opportunity for you, and you want to do your best and prove you are the right one for this job. We know it might be scary, and sometimes you don´t know what to do or how to react. We will try to help you.
Let us tell you how we are doing it and what is important in our point of view:
- Read the offer one more time and pay attention to details – It is very important to be informed in advance as recruiter can ask various questions and you can say: ´´Thanks, I went through the offer, and it looks good to me – especially job description fits me perfectly.
This type of conversation shows us, that you didn´t just apply because you randomly found the job offer, but you checked all details and description, and you are sure you meet the criteria.
- Prepare your questions – questions are most important part of the interview on both sides. Recruiter is not only person to ask questions during the interview, but you as well. Don´t hesitate to ask for more details and clear explanations.
Questions confirms your real interest in offered position.
- Pay attention and take notes – Sometimes the interview can be stressful, and in the end, you realize that you forgot everything what was told. It´s always good when you have sheet of paper where you can write down your notes and interesting things good to know for future.
Show your future employer that you want to be prepared and well informed at your new job.
- Always be polite – Anything can happen during interview. Something can interrupt you, or you will be told something you don´t really like. It´s normal – we all are all humans and it´s important to keep it in mind. If you don´t like something, don´t be mad or angry and especially don´t swear. This can ruin whole impression that you’ve built towards your recruiter / employer.
- Stay in touch: It can happen that your plans changed, and you cannot meet agreed time of interview. However, it is not a problem, we know that it can happen to any of us, but important is to keep your recruiter informed about any changes during the process and set up new appointment.
- Make a hard decision before your interview: When you agree to take an interview, you have to be sure that you are prepared for your new job. Please consider all conditions pros and contras so when the recruitment agency offers you a new employment, you are able to start.
´´So Mister, the interview went well, thank you for participation and answering all our questions. We will contact you within 48 hours to inform you about the result of your application. Have a nice day. ´´
The interview can be taken in various forms, and you should be prepared for everything.
Points above describe situations from our daily work, and we believe that they might help you to get prepared for interview and to feel comfortable while discussion of your future job.
Because to feel good about your future is the most important 😊
For more tips you can check here:
Greetings to you all,
DK Recruitment Services